Night Time Photography


The above image was taken at the Napanee ON, VIA Rail station on August 20/13. The best way to learn photography skills and more about settings is to just go out and take photos, so that's what I did at 2am. Hoping to get some shots of the moon setting over Napanee I headed out. However, it turns out that the moon had "rose" later in the evening which meant it wasn't going to be "setting" until dawn and I was not staying out all night waiting. Sure to not come home empty handed I headed out to some local spots that would make some nice, "night time photography" work. 

The above image was edited to add a reflection because pavement definitely would not give off this sort of result. I like this edit because it gives the photo an icy feel. This is what happens when you start being a little creative in photoshop. 

For more images from my night time photography trip, head on over to facebook.com/pjbimage.


Page Visits